- Eclipse IDE
Eclipse IDE for Java Developers (includes Incubating components)
Version: 2021-12 (4.22.0) Build id: 20211202-1639
You can easily combine multiple languages support and other features into any of our default packages, and the Eclipse Marketplace allows for virtually unlimited customization and extension.
You can download it here
Create a new Project
After cloning the repository you should open eclipse and create a new project, for it just press
Shift+Alt+N or go to
New, after it select Java Project.
Note that the eclipse workspace is the location of sources config, tou can select other location of repository also
My workspace is
/opt/Development/workspace-jdk-11 and I jus clone the ADempiere inside these route.
For build project just select the adempiere project and after it go to
Clean -> Press button
Change the Perspective
Now we need change the eclipse perspective to Java EE, it allows that you can see the
adempiere project like a web project.
Go to menu
Open Perpective ->
Other..., after it select Java EE
Creating Tomcat Server
The tomcat server is a popular server and ADempiere can run over it.
ADempiere can run over Tomcat, Wildfly and Jetty
- Go to
Serverspanel and press "No servers are available. Click this link to create new server..." option
Tomcat v10.0 Server, also you can change the Server name, I change it to
My Tomcat Server. Press
- After previous step you must define the server install dir and others, note that I use
/opt/Development/workspace-jdk-11as install dir but exist a error "Unknown version of Tomcat was specified.", the eclipse wizard help to install, just press Download and Install... and acept the apache license. Finally just press Finish button.
- Note that now exist a server with name My Tomcat Server, please make double click over it; Now you can see the server setup.
- Now we have a server with default tomcat features. This server is basically a tomcat without ADempiere setup, for get all features from ADempiere just change the Conmfiguration path by the default ADempiere path located in
- Select Modules tab and after it press Add Web Module... button
- Select adempiere and press Ok
- See the ADempiere Module enabled and press
Ctrl+Sfor save setup file
After it press Open Launch Configuration and see the dialog for launch
and select Debug Configurations... option, the follows press Classpath tab.
Press User Entries and after it press Add External Jars... button
- Go to
/opt/Development/workspace-jdk-11/apache-tomcat-10.0.13/liband select all libraries.
- Press Add Jars... button and select all libraries from adempiere project located in
Repease the previous step for the folders:
Press Add Projects... and select adempiere
- Press Debug button
Now is ready